SWAMP-in-a-Box Update 1.29
- Added new versions and/or updates for the following assessment tools: Bandit, Flake8, Pylint, checkstyle, OWASP Dependency Check, error-prone, FindBugs, and PMD.
- When adding a new package or adding a new version to an existing package, users have the option to select an archive file from the local file system or enter an external URL and a checkout argument (branch, tag, or commit) for a remote Git repository.
- Improved error reporting for assessment failures. Successful assessment runs are no longer erroneously reported as having finished with errors. Assessments that complete with a status of “finished with errors – retry” can be re-run and should complete successfully.
- Updated the “Status.out and Debugging SWAMP Failures” document to assist with debugging failed assessments. Failed assessments now show the contents of the status.out file at the top of the Failed Assessment Report (by clicking the “! Error” button in the Results column).
- The names of the statuses shown on the Results page have been updated to better indicate what is happening as assessment jobs are processed.
- Minimum hardware requirements have increased to 4 CPU cores and 16 GB of RAM.
Let us know if you have any questions at email@example.com.