SWAMP-in-a-Box Update 1.33
Noteworthy changes include:
- SWAMP-in-a-Box administrators can now configure where the SWAMP web application’s backend stores its log entries. After installing or upgrading to SWAMP-in-a-Box version 1.33, the web application’s backend will create daily log files in /var/www/swamp-web-server/storage/logs. The web application’s backend can also be configured to make log entries in the system log, which is where they were made in previous versions of SWAMP-in-a-Box. Refer to the SWAMP-in-a-Box Reference Manual for details.
- CentOS and Scientific Linux 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) assessment platforms are now available for C/C++ packages. Any versions of GrammaTech CodeSonar and Synopsis Static Analysis (Coverity) that were previously installed will not work with these new platforms. Refer to the SWAMP-in-a-Box Administrator Manual for instructions on re-creating the SWAMP tool archives for these tools and adding them to the SWAMP.
- Updated versions of the CentOS and Scientific Linux 6.9 (32-bit and 64-bit) assessment platforms are now available for C/C++ packages. If a CentOS or Scientific Linux 6 platform was previously installed, download and install these new versions.
- Code Dx version 2.8.3, a viewer for analyzing the results from assessments, can now be added to a SWAMP-in-a-Box installation. You must obtain Code Dx separately from Code Dx, Inc.
- To support SWAMP-in-a-Box installations that do not have internet access, we have updated the tool archive for retire.js version 1.2.10 to include documentation and scripts for creating a version of the tool archive that bundles vulnerability data instead of downloading it from the internet for each assessment.
- SWAMP-in-a-Box no longer requires that the host be configured with a timezone of UTC, and the SWAMP-in-a-Box installer and upgrader no longer modifies the host’s timezone. All dates and times in the SWAMP web application are displayed in the web browser’s local time. All dates and times in log files are in the host’s local time. All dates and times stored with database records are converted to UTC.
- SWAMP-in-a-Box now includes a script for checking the health of the installation. Refer to the Troubleshooting section of the SWAMP-in-a-Box Administrator Manual for details.
- SWAMP users can now add a list of paths to files or directories to exclude from assessments for Python, Ruby, and Web Scripting packages. For Ruby packages, this does not apply to the tools Dawn and Brakeman, which do whole program analysis.
- General enhancements and bug fixes.
Let us know if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.