Welcome to the SWAMP, the Software Assurance Marketplace.
Software is a crucial component of daily living, affecting worldwide economic structures and the services we depend on every day. With the increasing rate of security breaches, it is clear that conventional network security solutions are no longer able to defend our privacy, corporate data, and critical banking information. Today’s applications need to be built more securely at the code level, and that code needs to be tested regularly.
The SWAMP was developed to make it much easier to regularly test the security of these applications and to provide an online laboratory for software assessment tool inventors to build stronger tools. Testing is often complicated and challenging, because comprehensive testing requires the use of several disparate tools with no central means of managing the process. The SWAMP is a no-cost, high-performance, centralized cloud computing platform that includes an array of open-source and commercial software security testing tools, as well as a comprehensive results viewer to simplify vulnerability remediation. A first in the industry, the SWAMP also offers a library of applications with known vulnerabilities, enabling tool developers to improve the effectiveness of their own static and dynamic testing tools. Created to advance the state of cybersecurity, protect critical infrastructures, and improve the resilience of open-source software, the SWAMP integrates security into the software development life cycle and keeps all user activities completely confidential.
The SWAMP team will be hosting or at the following events. If you’re in town, come say hello.
- Look for the SWAMP at the 2015 RSA Conference in San Francisco, CA this April 20-24. The SWAMP will be part of the DHS S&T booth (#202 in the South Hall).
- SWAMP and CodeDx are teaming up for the STAR EAST conference in Orlando, FL, May 6-7. Come by and visit us in booth #48!
- Come by the SWAMP booth at AppSec EU 2015 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, May 19-22!
- The SWAMP team will be exhibiting at the Information Assurance Symposium in D.C., June 29-July 1. Stop by and see us in booth 324!
- The SWAMP will be sponsoring OSCON 2015 in Portland, OR from July 20-24. We’re very excited to be coming back for our second year!
- Take 25% off any regular OSCON passes (2-Day and higher) with discount code: SWAMP25
- Expo Hall Plus passes discount code: OSCON15XPO
- SWAMP and CodeDx are teaming up at AppSec USA 2015 in San Francisco, CA, September 22-25.
Latest Blog Posts
The SWAMP Team